I have a plethora of really short ‘does this happen to you’ moments which are not birthed as full flung stories yet.
- Fungus makes better music. I read this in a magazine or the Wall Street Journal, I can’t remember which. It’s about how Stradivarius violins sound so great because the wood has fungus. So some scientist is trying to replicate the fungus in wood to make modern violins out of.
- Balloons on the bus. I’m reading on the bus the other day and the guy in the seat in front of me turns around. He asks, “do you ride this bus often? I say, “Yes” and he says, “Are there always balloons on it?”. I say, “what….no”? Sure enough, there are 3 balloons, not the plain round ones but a hat and other shapes tied on the overhead hand rails near the front of the bus. I swear they weren’t there when I got on the bus or maybe I just didn’t notice.
- One of my co workers graduated from a high school whose mascot was a kewpie doll. Ok, its Friday night and the Madison Kewpie Dolls are expected to just kill the South High Tigers. Looking at the picture makes this a bit unbelievable.
- 18% of us are now shopping while sitting on the toilet. Story didn’t mention if this leads to good or bad shopping decisions.
- Jack complained to me recently. He found a fruit fly doing the backstroke in his morning coffee. Jack hates fruit flies so he will pursue them all over the kitchen. But, a regular fly will buzz uninterrupted through the house for days.
- When I took the wrapper off the German sparkling wine I thought the cork felt a little loose. Leaving the bottle on the counter, I headed off to ask Jack to open it. I heard a loud pop, turned back and discovered the bottle open and the cork disappeared. I searched the floor and discovered the cork resting in Benny’s food dish. Unfazed, Benny continued to lick up his food while I removed the cork from his dish.
Experiencing deja vue in any of the 1-6 ‘does this happen to you’ moments above? Vote for your favorite and add a few sentences or more about your moment, too. I’ll incorporate your moment into the expanded story.